Bed Bug Extermination Program
We offer the safest, most effective, most eco-friendly bed bug treatment available in Canada.
OUR BED BUG PROGRAM IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT
- To get rid of bed bugs quickly and discreetly.
- To keep their loved ones safe.
- Pest control industry leaders working in their home.
When in your home, our bed bug exterminators:
- Vacuum live bed bugs using a special hepa filtered pest control vacuum.
- Steam kill bed bugs and their eggs using a furniture safe steam unit.
- Dust inside wall voids with the safest, most eco-friendly products available.
- Spray judiciously in cracks and crevices.
- Install box spring covers for your protection (no extra charge).
All work is:
- The safest, most effective, most eco-friendly available.
- Supplied by a respectful, licensed professional bed bug exterminator.
- Supplied via well maintained, unmarked vehicles.
Bed Bug FAQ
What do bed bugs look like?
An adult bed bug looks like an apple seed. They are less than a centimeter in length, oval, somewhat flat and reddish brown in colour.
How do I know if I have bed bugs?
- You see live bed bugs on mattress seams, box springs, headboards and/or bed frames.
You see them under a night stand, behind pictures or where walls and ceilings meet above the bed.
- You see blood spotting on bed sheets.
- You see small dots (fecal stains) leading to a crack in baseboards or hardwood floors.
- You see skin casings (from molting bugs).
- Family members wake up with bite marks.
Bed bug biology
- Females lay up to 50 eggs at a time
- Bed bug eggs hatch in 10-14 days
- Bed bugs can survive up to a year without feeding
Bed bug behavior
- Bed bugs live in groups.
- They are nocturnal.
- They are attracted to our body heat and carbon dioxide when we exhale.
- They seek a blood meal every 3-5 days.
- They prefer to hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
- Bed bugs can travel up to 20 meters or more in a night.
Why me? Why do I have bed bugs?
There is no connection between poor housekeeping and the introduction of bed bugs to your home.
Bed bugs are most often introduced to an environment in the following ways:
- In used (and sometimes new) furniture.
- Via luggage when returning from vacation.
- Bed bugs can ‘hitch hike’ from an infested area to your home via someone’s back pack, purse or other personal belonging.
- Bed bugs do not respect/recognize boundaries. They travel to adjoining living spaces that share walls (e.g., apartments, townhomes).
Does Beacon Pest Control care?
Yes we do. We are a Christian based, family owned and operated company that treats your home or property as if it were our own. We recognize that beg bugs are a violation of your personal space and can result in social separation, anxiety and loss of sleep. We therefore proceed accordingly in a respectful, empathetic and professional manner.
Is Beacon Pest Control more expensive than other pest control companies?
We are less expensive than our national counter parts. As a family owned and operated business we do not have the infrastructure expenses of a large company.
We are sometimes slightly more expensive than pest control companies that offer a chemical spray only approach to bed bug control extermination. Experience has shown, and research supports, that an Integrated Pest Management program (vacuum, steam, dust, judicious spray, box spring covers) is the safest, most effective and most eco-friendly answer to bed bugs. This value enhanced approach takes more equipment, on site time and products than just spraying.
Does Beacon Pest Control guarantee their work?
Yes. Homeowners who follow our industry standard preparation guidelines are offered a 6 month guarantee.
We’re a “QualityPro” Company.
Beacon Pest has been awarded “QualityPro” status – The Mark of Excellence in Pest Management.
“QualityPro companies are environmentally responsible and committed to providing consumers with the highest possible service.” – National Pest Management Association
For more information please visit www.npmaqualitypro.org
For Safe and Effective Bed Bug Extermination, please call 1-855-676-6873
We provide bed bug treatment in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Ancaster, Waterdown, and Stoney Creek.